ELECTION 2007

As you will no doubt know by now the election at the beginning of May saw the new ward of Paisley East and Ralston elect a Labour representative, Cllr Jim Sharkey.
Despite the hard work of both candidates the Labour Party narrowly missed having both Rayleen Kelly and Jim elected and both Jim and I want to take this opportunity to thank the voters for their best wishes.
I am disappointed at not being re elected to the Council, however I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of the voters who stopped on May the 3rd to thank me for my support and to assure them that Jim will be an excellent Councillor and has my 100% support. On a personal note thank you to the many ex constituents who have called, written and emailed their thanks to me it was a pleasure and an honour to serve you.
Jim's surgeries will be announced soon and they will be publicised in the Paisley Daily Express as well as this blog, keep tuning in for more information on Renfrewshire Council and the local happenings in Paisley East and Ralston.