March 24, 2007

JENNY'S WELL SENIORS FORUM

OPEN DAY


Rayleen and Jim were luck enough to visit the Jenny's Well Seniors Forum Open Day in Hunterhill Community Centre this week. Among the groups represented were Strathclyde Police, handing out information on Bogus Callers and making your home safe and Renfrewshire's Electoral Registration Office promoting the 'No Vote, No Voice' campaign which has proved extremely successful in the past few years.


Both Jim and Rayleen spoke to friends old and new, both were delighted with the reception they received.


Jim Sharkey said


'Many parties try and suggest to the seniors in our communities that they have been badly treated by Labour, but this is not the message that we have gotten here today, this has been a positive experience for both Rayleen and myself and I hope that after May we are both able to support the forum further.'


Rayleen echoed Jim's sentiments


'I know that Labour locally and Nationally are delivering for the Seniors in our communities, on a visit to the Renfrewshire Seniors Forum event in the University of Paisley last year and I know from speaking to them that it can be a struggle to get people involved and I am delighted to see such a vibrant active forum operating in this area.'

Both wanted to thank The Chair of the Forum for her time and effort and to everyone who was so welcoming on the day.